Discrimination is Against the Law
CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
If you need these services, contact the corporate responsibility officer for CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health.
If you believe that CHI St. Joseph Children’s Health has failed to provide these services or discriminated in another way on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex, you can file a grievance with: Corporate Responsibility Officer, 1929 Lincoln Highway East, Suite 150 Lancaster, PA 17602 phone: 717-397-7625, fax: 717-397-6057. You can file a grievance in person or by mail or fax. If you need help filing a grievance, the corporate responsibility officer is available to help you.
You can also file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available here, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html